Friday, March 20, 2009

A lifetime experience

Today's original plan was to go waterfall with Jie Lee, Yi Lin, Claire, Paul and Xiao yan. Thanks to Jie Lee and her Teehee friend, i postponed the trip to next week. Therefore, there's nothing to do today.
Right after physics, me, alex, edward, adrian, ben went to play left 4 dead. Jeng han came and played with us. OoO. then dota'ed. Lost kao kao lolx. then went home.
After that, i'm supposed to meet Ken Yeo, Yi chin, and gang for badminton. Venue, Jalan Pahang, Utar, nearby there. and so we go.
I drove alone along MRR2, while god knows who ken is. he told me a rough direction of where jalan pahang is, so yeah. Many a time i tried asking him where is the place, he said U COME UTAR FIRST. okay.. Whats the name of the place? he gave me the name of the court, and when i asked him what is the name of the area, he just gave me the rough directions again ==
while travelling, i past some certain landmarks and called ken. i saw some places where i THINK is nearby already, ken asked me to go striaght =.= so yeah. All the way from cheras, to zoo negara, to sentul, to WOW Batu caves. smart. overshot, tried to u turn, ended up on a road going to ipoh, thank god i know that place and managed to turn back on to MRR2, this time the opposite direction. When i'm nearing the place, ken called me, and gave me directions. i was focusing on his directions, signboards, and other cars that i didn notice which road i'm on. there's 4 lanes in total. 1st one splitted out, going somewhere.. god knows where. i was on the second inner lane, thinking that it shud be the slowest lane. TaDaa. i ended up on the road to genting. Better still, mother fucking RM5 toll right in front of me.
What happened before wasnt important, it's just an explanation to tell you readers why i pretty much screwed up on a road with no return. And why i'm posting this post today. Right before the toll, there was a long row of big cans splitting the road, spliiting it to and fro. There's a part where there's no cans, allowing U turns. I dont know why, i did not take that u turn, and instead, i went for the toll. Maybe i was afraid to admit that i made a mistake.
After paying Rm5 for the lame shit toll, there's ANOTHER PLace allowing u turn, and yet again, i did not take it. Why? Mayb because i was far left, and dangerous to cut all the way to the right to make that u turn? or mayb i am overconfident, thinking that there will be a proper u turn later down the road. Great. Whats even better, i have RM0.72 left for phone credit. I went on uphill, towards genting. 5, 10, 15 km there wasnt a single place allowing u turn. Then i started thinking, why me, as a human, refused to correct my wrong the instant i realised that i made a mistake? was i too proud of myself that i Must be Proven wrong before i will amend it? Maybe. Price to pay for this little incident is just petrol fuels. but these things happens daily in our daily lifes, and most of us usually take the wrong path, convincing urself that you're right. Whats the point of dragging on the Known mistake, wasting time convincing urself that you are not wrong? Opportunity's to turn back doesnt show up often, but yet, i chose to go on with the mistake, than to turn back immediately.
Lesson, when there's a hint of a mistake, do not waste time rethinking your problem. Solve it first.
eg, grab the first opportunity to make a u turn once i passed the toll. times moves on and the car moves on, once the opportunity passed, there's no turning back. and you'd never know what lies ahead.

I had to go down a further 20++ kilometres, all the way into pahang, when the next u turn shows up. But i was on phone with my dad, discussing how to turn back. and thus wasting the chance to turn back.
Lesson, when you make a mistake, focus on solving it. do not let distractions waste ur opportunities to amend your mistake.

I was still on phone when the third u turn presents itself 500 metres ahead of the 2nd u turn. i put down my phone Immediately, and made that u turn.
Lesson, Everyone makes mistakes. only a fool repeats it.

When one make a mistake, it's good to get frustrated and search for amendments frantically. but do it Logically and keep a cool head. And most importantly, do not give up. A constant reminder of the danger you're in will keep urself calm.

Translated into my situation,
When i passed the toll, i swore alot damn loudly, To release the stress in me. But i kept a cool head, 1st to check how much petrol i have left, and whether my engine is overheating. I keep reminding myself that genting highway has the HIGHEST fatal accidents, and kept my full alert on. after i made that u turn, there's a burnt smell. 1st, i reacted logically and considred what might have caused it, thinking that it was my brake, i immediately slowed down and downshifted gears. When a lorry was moving fast onto me from behind, i reacetd quickly moving on into a different lane.

I'm not saying that i'm good or whatever, but my point of this post is to tell u what i've learnt from my own actions. I merely reacted. Thanks to my good instincts.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your NOTHING to do clearly become something.

March 22, 2009 at 10:22 PM  
Blogger Benjamin Chuah said...

wow.. utar. setapak campus?

i studies there anyway XD lol interesting incident for u XD it's really easy to get into setapak anyway, 1 high way all the way n 1 turning and walah.

how did u ended up to genting really =X

April 5, 2009 at 10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home